Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Wildflowers by the Russian River

It’s been quite some time since I’ve blogged here. A lot has happened through the years including a Firestorm and a difficult move. I’m not ready or wanting to talk about that ordeal so I will start here; wildflower hunting by the Russian River in Sonoma County.

I’ve been taking pictures this spring with my iPhone while I walk the dogs along the river. It’s been a gorgeous spring. The wildflowers are blooming everywhere and the butterflies are abundant! I'm amazed at how, just moving a little bit further away from where I used to live, can be so incredibly diverse with flora, plant-life, insects, climate differences- it must be because I moved from suburbia to the woods!

Since I’ve been interested in learning about wildflowers, my entire life it seems, I finally decided to  turn to a plant identifier named iNaturalist on my iPhone to learn more about my observations. I’m not a botanist but I do love studying botany as a photographer and artist. I labeled the wildflowers best I could with the app. If anyone notices the plants are identified incorrectly please shoot me a 'Kind' message and I'll change it. Also since I'm NOT an expert, Don't Eat My Plants posted, lol! (my disclaimer)

White Melelot
Wild Mustard
                                                                   
Wild Radish
                                                                             
Miniature Lupines 
                                                                   
Raphanus Wild Radish

Common Cat's Ear

Wild Daisies
Russian River in CA 

                                                                   
Russian River After the Storm
Dog Love
River Walk


SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment